Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Romans 12:2
Steps that empower our children to live a Christ-like life:
1. read the scripture to them
2. have them read or recite the scripture with you
3. explain the scripture to them
4. read the scripture at bedtime and share its meaning one more time
5. the next morning ask them about the scripture and to apply the scripture at school
6. when they come home from school discuss it with them and ask if they applied it during the day, how and what was the outcome
7. pray that they receive the word and embrace it as a life practice
Over time the scripture will take root in their daily activities and they will become Young Christian Warriors.
Key – Never stop praying, 1 Thessalonians 5:17 NLT. Never stop teaching the scriptures to your children. Never stop questioning if they are applying the Word of God in their daily lives. Always ask them to share how they applied the word in a real-life situation.